942 responses to our student survey surprised us this October! We posted a summary in advance of our symposium student panel. (Event videos will be online soon. Photos and a great DP article by Stephanie Yang are up now.)
We would like to assemble a team of volunteers to help analyze the results. We expect it will be a fun project!
As a teaser, below are five student responses to our question: This year’s theme is Ed Tech 2020. What technology can you imagine in use for Penn courses in 2020?
- “An iPad like system that automatically has the slides on it and the notes that the professor takes are automatically synched into your iPad.”
- “Laptop, phone, lecture chats to ask questions such as a Slack or a better form of GroupMe.”
- “Touchscreens and smart boards should replace whiteboards and chalk for more functionality and student interactivity available to the teachers.”
- “Ungraded coding workshops for people who want to learn but not sacrifice their GPA! / / 3D printing, modeling workshops, excel tutorials, bloomberg terminal info.”
- “make use of the ever-growing field of tech devices worn on the wrist/head.”
Interested? Please email me for details.