We’ve updated the Google box on our homepage (http://wic.library.upenn.edu) so that search results now include hits from the WIC domain on the library website as well as our WordPress blog, which you’re reading now.
If you have a website of and you’d like to add a customized search box of your own:
- Login to your Google account.
- On the Google Custom Search home page, click New search engine.
- In the Sites to search box, type the sites you want to include. You can include any sites you want, not just sites you own. You can include site URLs or page URLs, and you can also get fancy and use URL patterns.
- Type a name for your search engine. This is for your own use only; users won’t be able to see it.
- Click Create.
- Copy the code that appears on the next page, and paste it into your site wherever you want your Custom Search Engine to appear.