June can be a great time for faculty and graduate students to play with new technologies for teaching and learning – a time to stick your toes in the water without fear that the adventurous undergraduates might push you in to the deep end of the pool. I wanted to highlight some WICshops from our June calendar to consider:
- Video: Lindsey Martin will teach FlipCam Videos (June 5) – take videos and post on YouTube in seconds. Cathy Turner from Center for Teaching and Learning and I will present Assigning Video Projects (June 11) on pedagogical considerations.
- iPads: Caitlin Shanley will present several iPad workshops. Did you know you can reserve library iPads for your classes?
- Social Media: Sam Barry will explore Storify (June 13) – a tool with great potential as for creating narratives from social expressions. Shannon Kelly from Career Services will present Linked In Hands-on (June 21) . Marie Jaquish will discuss Twitter (June 28).
- Web Design: We have workshops on Dreamweaver, CSS and WordPress.
- Presentations: Prezi is a new tool to consider to spice your talks up.