Today’s featured book is How to do Everything with Second Life, by Richard Mansfield. It’s available for you to read in the Digital Media Lab; just ask the lab consultant on duty. You can even sit and use Second Life right here in the lab while you peruse the book.
Filled with hundreds of hands-on tutorials, tips, and techniques, this is the thorough, in-depth reference that every Second Life resident needs. Learn how to create a unique avatar and then explore, build, socialize–and even earn real money. Inside, you’ll find exclusive coverage of all the menus, features, and utilities. Whether you’re a newbie or an old hand, this book will help you get the most out of Second Life.
- Understand all the user interface features
- Build hidden rooms, custom teleporters, secret sliding panels, and more
- Shop for cool stuff and find the best values
- Master the Maps, Inventory, Appearance, and Search dialogs
- Start scripting with help from step-by-step tutorials
- Control lag and find lost items using Preferences and the hidden Client menu
- Visit exotic lands, travel in time, and enjoy roleplay
- Create beautiful objects using expert texturing techniques
- Earn money in ways that best suit your talents
- Find land bargains, a bit of privacy, a great house, and lasting friendships