The David B. Weigle Information Commons opened its doors in April 2006. Located on the first floor (west) of the Van Pelt Dietrich Library Center, the Commons supports collaborative learning and group activities using the latest technologies. The Commons hosts student assistance services from three program partners – CWiC, Weingarten Learning Resources Center and Writing Center. The Commons includes a variety of collaboration spaces including Group Study Rooms, Data Diner Booths, Alcove Meeting Areas, Seminar Room and the Vitale Digital Media Lab. The Commons uses many Web 2.0 technologies to connect with students and faculty.
What is this blog about?
Program Statement – April 2013
The PennWIC blog includes posts related to:
- Programs and activities conducted within or organized by the Weigle Information Commons (including the Vitale Digital Media Lab)
- Programs and activities related to our Program Partners
- Ideas related to academic support services and technology that could be helpful for Penn undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty and staff
- Examples of how new media resources can be used to transform teaching and learning
- Innovative software, apps and gadgets in coordination with the Apps on Tap blog
Posts are authored regularly by Commons staff. We also host, with editorial oversight, occasional guest posts by Penn students, faculty and staff.